Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast
Results 51 to 60 of 80

Thread: Favorite Region D match-up?

  1. #51
    Inactive Member cvcgrad's Avatar
    Join Date
    September 12th, 2005
    Posts
    2,022
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: Favorite Region D match-up?

    In reference to the Lady Greenwaves of the late 1980's, if I'm not mistaken I think they were undefeated one of those years. If so, you don't get much more dominant in the Region D or state than that.

    I'm sure someone can give you more stats, but I think they went something like 30-0.

    [ QUOTE ]
    Yeah, they were very good. A lot of Region D teams were tough in that time frame. Much like the eastern side of the state was in boys at that time.

    [/ QUOTE ]
    [URL="http://cvcgrad.spaces.live.com/blog/"][/URL]

  2. #52
    Inactive Member 1inStripes's Avatar
    Join Date
    August 25th, 2002
    Posts
    12,052
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: Favorite Region D match-up?

    I don't know. I have not seen JJK this year, but going on tradition it is hard to bet against them. Does RC have what it takes to beat JJK? Quite possibly, but I am not sure. It may depend upon whether RC finishes the game, and plays 4 quarters like they are capable of. Or if JJK plays weaker, or as strong as they are capable of.
    "Call me crazy, but I want to buy the Dallas Cowboys end zone and have the star right at the foot of my bed. That way when I score, I can spike the ball right on the star!" -Woody Paige, Around the Horn 10.9.08

  3. #53
    Inactive Member 1inStripes's Avatar
    Join Date
    August 25th, 2002
    Posts
    12,052
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: Favorite Region D match-up?

    Yep, they were very good. Of course Region D did win like 4 out of 5, or 5 out of 6 state titles in a row there I do believe.
    "Call me crazy, but I want to buy the Dallas Cowboys end zone and have the star right at the foot of my bed. That way when I score, I can spike the ball right on the star!" -Woody Paige, Around the Horn 10.9.08

  4. #54
    Inactive Member greencrest1272's Avatar
    Join Date
    November 17th, 2004
    Posts
    1,846
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: Favorite Region D match-up?

    Bill Deel was one of the best basketball coaches in SWVA history IMO.
    It is hard to fail, but it is worse never to have tried to succeed.

    -Teddy Roosevelt

  5. #55
    Inactive Member cvcgrad's Avatar
    Join Date
    September 12th, 2005
    Posts
    2,022
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: Favorite Region D match-up?

    If St. Paul defeats Twin Valley and Rye Cove beats JJ Kelly, then there we could see the theory put to the test.

    It is also possible that neither St. Paul nor Rye Cove will advance through the tournament.


    [ QUOTE ]
    I don't know. I have not seen JJK this year, but going on tradition it is hard to bet against them. Does RC have what it takes to beat JJK? Quite possibly, but I am not sure. It may depend upon whether RC finishes the game, and plays 4 quarters like they are capable of. Or if JJK plays weaker, or as strong as they are capable of.

    [/ QUOTE ]
    [URL="http://cvcgrad.spaces.live.com/blog/"][/URL]

  6. #56
    Inactive Member cvcgrad's Avatar
    Join Date
    September 12th, 2005
    Posts
    2,022
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: Favorite Region D match-up?

    Not one of my favorite people, but definitely one of the best coaches.

    [ QUOTE ]
    Bill Deel was one of the best basketball coaches in SWVA history IMO.

    [/ QUOTE ]
    [URL="http://cvcgrad.spaces.live.com/blog/"][/URL]

  7. #57
    Inactive Member Ironlung's Avatar
    Join Date
    November 17th, 2002
    Posts
    10,218
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: Favorite Region D match-up?

    Bill's the man. I thought he was a great teacher as well.
    "There he goes, one of Gods own prototypes. Some kind of high powered mutant never even considered for mass production. Too weird to live, and too rare to die"

  8. #58
    Inactive Member Unchained's Avatar
    Join Date
    January 6th, 2005
    Location
    Norton, Virginia, United States
    Posts
    7,249
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: Favorite Region D match-up?

    Hey Stripes. You going to be there tomorrow? If so, I'll give you a holla, maybe catch the game.
    [IMG]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v635/elp6n/signature.jpg[/IMG]
    Central Warriors. Respect the past,embrace the future

  9. #59
    Inactive Member Unchained's Avatar
    Join Date
    January 6th, 2005
    Location
    Norton, Virginia, United States
    Posts
    7,249
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: Favorite Region D match-up?

    Clintwood went 30-0? Dangit-here I was thinking that our 30-0 state championship team was the only one in the LPD to do it. It gets no better than 30-0 [img]/LDPforum/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/cool.gif[/img]
    [IMG]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v635/elp6n/signature.jpg[/IMG]
    Central Warriors. Respect the past,embrace the future

  10. #60
    Inactive Member cvcgrad's Avatar
    Join Date
    September 12th, 2005
    Posts
    2,022
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: Favorite Region D match-up?

    I'm pretty sure they did, Indian Dad, but some of those in the program in the late 80's could tell you for sure.

    This was definitely the pinnacle of Clintwood Greenwave basketball.

    [ QUOTE ]
    Clintwood went 30-0? Dangit-here I was thinking that our 30-0 state championship team was the only one in the LPD to do it. It gets no better than 30-0 [img]/LDPforum/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/cool.gif[/img]

    [/ QUOTE ]
    [URL="http://cvcgrad.spaces.live.com/blog/"][/URL]

Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •